Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Day out to York!!!

I had a really lovely day with my Mum in York yesterday. It was great just walking around and soaking in the atmosphere. We wanted to visit York Minster but weren't going to pay £9.00 each. We could only go into the entrance :( Well we've been in before so I suppose its not the end of the world.
 There were so many shops we came across that I had never been too before, many being retro/vintage. One vintage shop I always pay a visit too is 'Priestley's', its the most expensive I have ever been in. There presentation is just lovely in there. The buildings around York are so beautiful and decorative on the outside, so I took many photos of these. We also found this very interesting book shop near the minister, which had all nooks and crannies inside to explore. You will see at the end of this post some tags I bought with vintage stamps on them. The fox one is my favourite :)
Whenever we make a trip to Yorkshire a visit to Betty's Tea Room is a must. You can't get any posher than this tea room, its the Ritz of Yorkshire. The service and quality is fantastic and the maids always dress in old-fashioned Victorian maid outfits. Its very expensive to have anything on the menu, so its just a treat to have once in a while. 

















4 comments:

  1. looks awesome. beautiful photos! Hope I get to visit eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! It looks SO beautiful...LOVE the architecture. And how fabulous are those stamps you bought?!!! Lovely post, thanks so much for sharing!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the book shop by the Minster! I have spent many a time perusing the vintage children's books wishing I had the money to buy them. A big black moth flew into my face in that shop - scarred me for life! I love York, glad you had a lovely time :) xx

    ReplyDelete