Saturday, 25 August 2012

There and Back Again


I made another visit to yes you guessed it 'Barter Books'. I thought I would take more photos this time of the interior, but they aren't all very good, you see a need a new camera, possibly a digital SLR. Would anyone like to gift me one I would love you forever :)


Do you think these two were made to be opposite each other on purpose??


This is the old waiting room where we normally eat and drink. Its lovely in the winter with the roaring fire (will take pics next time of that). That is my mums beautiful read hair in the corner.


These cushions are every where and I want all of them. I think I might stuff one at a time under my top for each visit I make. People will just think I am pregnant...right??? I would love skirts and bags in these fabrics too.


Sitting at the round table, looking at amazing antique animal books. 


Can't tell you how hacked off I was that I had to share this beautiful teacake with my mum.


I want this sofa, chair, or whatever it is called...I WANT IT!!!! I mean I would like it :D



One day when I own my own house my floors will be covered in these beauties.




The Green Room (why has it turned out blue in my photo?).





10 comments:

  1. I HAVE to go there ! The books are so beautiful! I have missed reading your posts so much, they are all so lovely.
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This place is amazing!! You're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it looks so magical! Great photos, honey, thanks for shearing! If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest outfit :)

    http://mademoiselle-s-blog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That massive sofa looks so amazing, I feel like I could just lay on it and feel fancy all day. All damn day.

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still drool every time you talk about this place. Even more so now seeing these photos! I still hope to visit it one day with you. Did you take home that incredible mammal book?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the book was way expensive at about £85 I think

      Delete
  6. These pictures are beautiful! I love this place so much!! I was obsessed with reading and old bookshops when i was little, i'd drag my mum to them all! and the library was my favourite place EVER. I want to go here now!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place is like my dream come true! I could live there haha xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my dreams I live in Northumberland. What better way could there be to spend a cold afternoon by a fire in Barter Books.
    I have spent all my holidays up there for many years in wind, rain and this year in June/July floods on Hadrians wall and all the way to Seahouses.
    My daughter Claire came this year, i think she has some of your work.

    ReplyDelete