Thursday, 25 October 2012

I'm craving for.....







There's nothing like a gentle walk in the woods or even along the sea front on a crisp morning and then at the end of the day curling up in front of a roaring fire. This really is my favourite time of the year, there is just something about the smells in the air and the change of atmosphere. I feel very privileged to live so near to the countryside and have these wonderful places to visit, right on my doorstep. Wallington Hall always looks beautiful this time of the year, I just wish I had a National Trust membership card still. I really want to go to the grounds bird watcher hid out and just sit there all day watching all of nature come to life. 

Normally when my family and I have been to visit a place in Northumberland we normally detour to the sea front and have a little walk before heading off home. Craster is my favourite place by the sea and they have a lovely cafe there too. If we don't detour there we then go to Barter Books and have coffee/tea and teacakes next to the fire place. We sometimes sit here (pictured above) and people also bring in their dogs which makes me want to have a dog even more, its all too cosy for words. It really is picture perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Love the tones in these photos, beautiful. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh it definitely looks picture perfect! I now have a sudden urge to put on a jumper, grab a hot drink and curl up with a book - with a water bottle of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous Anna! I'm super jealous that you live near there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! I think one of my favorite things about a walk like this is the fresh air smell of woods.

    ReplyDelete