1. The doors of the Lit and Phil Library / 2. Up and Down / 3. Windows to the sky
4. The winding staircase / 5. Books / 6. Stairwell leading up to the main library floor
7. Sun beamed / 8. This building opposite the Lit and Phil library was decorated in images of the Sun
9. Grey Street / 10. The Theatre Royal / 11. Central Arcade / 12. Claremont Building
13. St. Nicholas Church / 14. A cloudy evening sky
I had quite a few things to do in town today such as handing in CV's which took a lot of confidence to do as I have not done it in so long. People today were very unapproachable, they were either talking amongst themselves or just giving me funny looks, must be because I am so beautiful...not, hehe. I think people in the North East don't like my accent or maybe the way I dress or how I do my makeup....who knows. I wish people would be more welcoming and interested. Sorry, this blog post is turning into a bit of doom and gloom. We all have our down or should I say odd days.
Onto the subject of the photos. I also made a trip to the Literacy and Philosophical Library to enquire about volunteer work. I would love to just be in there all day organising and shelving the books. I hadn't been in there for a year and I still got the wow factor when I walked in. I still can't believe this library exists in Newcastle. The ceiling windows and layer upon upon layer of books is simply breath-taking. You'll notice the winding staircase, well you can't go up there to look at the books unless you pay to be a member. There are also old atlases and maps down, deep within the library that can't be looked at either unless one is a member, I feel so deprived. You can however look at all the books on the ground floor, but you can't take them out.
Well I shall leave it there for the moment and I hope you guys enjoy'd looking through my photos. The last one in particular ended my day on all time high.