Thursday, 27 December 2012

Boxing Day!







I had the most wonderful time yesterday at Alnmouth on the Northumberland Coast with my parents and God parents. There were quite a few people walking along the sea front and many had dogs, hence all the photos I took of them. I was so entertained by them running around after each other and playing, its so much better than watching telly. I was trying too take a photo of the most beautiful pair of Huskies, but I just couldn't get a good shot. One was grey and the other black; I was mesmerised by them, they really did look like wolves. 

It was great to get some sea air. I was surprised by how much debris was washed up on the shore it must have been due to the high winds of late. There was pile upon pile of seaweed, kelp, shells, scallops and dead crabs. Whenever I see rocks with shells on I think of the character Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, cause he is covered in them. The sky was constantly changing making it very atmospheric. Whilst I was standing taking photos I hadn't realised I was sinking and I wasn't wearing water proof booties, Ahhhhh!!!!!

After our walk we all had a sirloin beef ciabatta sandwich which had onion marmalade and cooked peppers in. It is the best sandwich I have had all year. My Godmother made not just the sandwiches but also a Nigella Lawson coconut cake which was very yummy. We walked around the village and then went to have a nice warm drink. I feel quite at home in Alnmouth and would love to live there one day especially as it is so close to Warkworth and Alnwick.

So what did you guys get up too on Boxing Day?

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous post! merry christmas!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photos and your blog.:)
    Happy holidays.:)
    http://sonja-sillyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete