Sunday, 16 December 2012

Durham Episode 2














There were far too many people walking around Durham yesterday. It was hard taking photos because 1. people look at you think what are you looking at and 2. people keep walking or gathering in front of the things I am trying to capture, grrrrr. When I came out of one of the shops I saw the most gorgeous pair of dogs and the couple who owned them very kindly stopped for me so I could take a few photos of them. Can anyone tell me what the breed is cause I want one. I've never even seen these sort of dogs in the flesh before and I just love the wrinkle legs, long body, ears and sad expression in their eyes. They looked quite old.

It felt very Chrismassy walking around Durham and soaking in the atmosphere. don't you just love the door wreath pictured above, I wish I had one like that. There was a market stall with a lovely range of natural wreaths and thought they were a great price. I have decorated a natural wreath before and they smell so good.

There are so many beautiful shops in Durham and the shop fronts were very impressive and really invited you in. There is a lovely soap and gift shop, but I can't remember the name. But a lot of the smells of the soaps and candles reminded me of things from the past and that always gives me a good feeling. What do you think of the shoe shop with all the Doc Martens hanging over the front window. I would love to buy a floral pair. I have seen this shop many a time when I have visited Durham and never been inside. I shall venture inside next time and see what awesomeness beholds the eyes.

Well I think I have talked long enough today and overloaded you all with photographs, but I hope you liked seeing what I came across on my little adventure. 

10 comments:

  1. really love these photos! so festive, getting me in the christmas mood :)

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dogs are Basset Hounds. C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some absolutely wonderful photographs of my hometown. Thank you for sharing.

      Kitty
      The-monomyth.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post, you've taken some really gorgeous photos. Squeeing at all the books! <3 Gotta love basset hounds, they're sooo cute!

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna these photos are so magical in their feel. I love the basset hounds. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these photos are amazing!
    I especially like all the quirky little shops :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sweet christmas photos and I love those docs-inspired boots a lot!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete