Monday, 31 December 2012

Last Post of 2012







I promised ages ago I would blog some stamps I found a couple months back, but I just never got round to doing it. I know its not a very New Year's sort of thing to show, but I thought what the heck just go for it. My dad found a small collection of his stamps and my mouth dropped when I saw them all. Seriously the photos above are just a small handful of what was found. My dad still needs to find his book of stamps and some are meant to be quite valuable. You can imagine the pound signs that appeared in my eyes. 

I really love all the American ones especially of the different presidents. The Lincoln ones are my favourite. There are stamps from all over the world in this treasure trove and now my stamp book is really building up. I never thought I would be into stamp collecting and now it is one of my favourite hobbies. When I went to Tynemouth Market last month I bought the most beautiful Jane Austen illustrated stamps for a bargain price of £1.50. They are in such superb condition. I also bought a collection of Christmas ones, again for £1.50. They are so beautifully illustrated and each tell a story about Christmas.

So what are you guys doing tonight? I am going to a Firework display in Newcastle City Centre with my dad. There is going to be a parade also, so that should be fun. Here's to a Happy New Year and I shall see you all on the other side x

8 comments:

  1. Lovely lot of stamps! I enjoy collecting Canadian animals and queens the most, however prominent political figures with facial hair are also something I love. I haven't been acquiring any new stamps lately, so this is nice to live vicariously through you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't family stamp collections the best? I found my old ones last year and it includes the stamps my Dad collected when he was young. The Austen stamps are my favourite! Hope you had a nice Christmas. You're pictures and posts tell me that it was relaxing with lots of family time -- the best kind of Christmas in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in Newcastle for New Years! Haha, the parade was being set up last night while we were in town buying costumes! How was it? Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that's a lot of stamps! All look so awesome. What a fantastic find. The christmas ones sound really endearing, will be lovely to see a post on them! Hope you enjoyed the fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Jane Austen ones are amazing and such a bargain!! Hope you had an awesome christmas and new year! <3

    ReplyDelete