Sunday, 23 December 2012

The Wild Trapeze














Yesterday my parents took me to a brand new cafe called 'The Wild Trapeze'  in High Heaton, Newcastle. It is now my new favourite place to hang out and have a nice cup of tea or coffee. I really got the wow factor when I walked in; the high decorative ceilings, windows, wood floor, Christmas tree and piano, the list just goes on, I was very impressed. There is a good mix of vintage and quirky with odd tables and chairs and fun paintings on the walls, which really makes the atmosphere inviting. Also helps that the male barista's were handsome, I liked the cool patterned jumper that one of them was wearing. I was treated to a lovely Mocha and fruit scone which were all yummy. I liked how the jam, cream and butter were presented in tiny pots. Next time I think I will try something off their lunch menu. Its always exciting to try a new coffee shop, especially this time of the year.

10 comments:

  1. When I look at your pictures I wonder why I'm not living in England! The scone looks so tasty, I'm dribbling! Mistletoe Bakery Muffins! This is true Christmas spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww. The Mistletoe Muffins are actually supplied to the coffee shop from Mistletoe Bakery in Jesmond. I will have to take you there one day. The guy who owns the bakery apparently works through the night.

      Delete
  2. Great post, love your pictures. This sounds like a really nice coffee shop, I take it it's an independent coffee shop? You always get such a nice vibe from ones that aren't apart of a massive chain. Everything about this one sounds so lovely, and the handsome barista's is always a plus ;) Man does that scone look delicious! The cupcakes too. I love the way the loose tea is on display, lovely! <3

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely. Yeah its an independent coffee shop.

      Delete
  3. Wow, it looks so lovely! :) Everything looks delicious, and handsome baristas are always a bonus!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! This blog is fantastic! Your artwork is great!
    Saludos from Madrid
    Adrián

    ReplyDelete
  5. How have I never seen this place?! Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its in High Heaton me dear

      Delete
    2. Which street? My parents live in high heaton, that's why I'm surprised I've never come across it :)

      Delete
    3. Its on High Heaton Rd, near the park and is near the small sainsburys, almost opposite it. Hope that helps.

      Delete